Registration Procedures

How to register your child

Name: Mrs.Espinoza

Email Address:

Phone number: 510-656-5711 ext. 46458




How to register a new student

 Verify that your current address is within our school zone. You can do this by clicking on the following link:

2017/2018 Registration begins March 1, by appointment ONLY
Save the Date on 3/9 Spring Open House, time and location to follow. 


DO NOT make an appointment if you DO NOT have ALL of the information required to register your child and ALL your paperwork completed.


There are 2 ways you can register your student at Irvington High School.


1.  Go to the school office and pick up an enrollment packet.  Once all the forms are completed and you have all the required documentation, schedule an appointment to register your student.


2.  Read carefully, complete and print the forms listed below.  Schedule an appointment via email or by calling Ms. Espinoza, to register your student.  Bring the completed forms and the other required documentation to your appointment.


Registration Requirements

Student Enrollment Application 

Homeowner's Statement 2016-2017

Renters Statement 2016-2017

Home Language Survey 

Student File Release Form 


Once the forms are completed bring them to your appointment with the Registrar. Be sure to bring all required documents listed on the forms.  If your student is coming from a foreign country we need to make a copy of the original transcript document showing the name of the student, dates, classes, and grades for all their high school years. The document needs to be stamped and signed by the school. Emailed documents or copies of documents are not acceptable.  If you are coming from another school in the United States, please bring a copy of your transcript with you.  It does not need to be official.


Documentation Needed to Enroll a New Student:

1. Birth Certificate of Student

2. Up-To-Date Immunizations (must be translated to English language)

3 Polio, 4 DPT one dose on/after 4th birthday; 1 Pertussis (Whooping Cough) booster on/after 7th birthday; 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) both doses on/after 1st birthday; 2 doses Varicella or proof of disease (Chickenpox), and 3 doses Hepatitis B. 3. Transcripts (10-12th Graders) and or Check Out Grades (All Students) If you are entering from another country the following academic documentation is required: Official school transcript (bearing school seal and official signatures) in a sealed envelope.

4. If your student is currently in 8th grade and you are registering for next school year, please bring a copy of your student’s latest report card.

5. Proof of Residency (See Homeowners/Renters Statement)

6. Student must be accompanied by parent or guardian when enrolling. (The student does not need to be present if you are registering for next school year.) 



Leaving Irvington?

If you are leaving Irvington High School you need to have a parent/guardian contact your Attendance Clerk. A checkout sheet will be generated which you will need to bring to your teachers/library to sign. Your next step is to take the sign out sheet to your attendance clerk. Your attendance clerk will check for any overdue books, etc. YOU CANNOT CHECK OUT WITHOUT ALL THE REQUIRED SIGNATURES. Your final stop will be with the Registrar. You will be given a copy of the checkout sheet and a copy of your transcript to take to your new school. If you owe money or have missing books, your new school will receive an unofficial copy of your transcripts. Schools require an official copy to give you credit for the classes you have taken. So it is best to pay all your debts as you are leaving.