In 1856, José de Jesús Vallejo, brother of
General M. G. Vallejo, built a flour mill here, on his Rancho Arroyo de la
Alameda. Niles was once called 'Vallejo Mills'. The stone aqueduct built to
carry water for the mill parallels Niles Canyon Road.
Location: Vallejo Mill Historical Park, NE corner Niles Canyon Rd and Mission Blvd (Hwy 238), Fremont